Article Image
Courtesy: Puck Stopper Photography


Courtesy: Kristina Burgwin
          Release: 12/13/2015
Print RSS
Related Links

Although the Bridgeport Sound Tigers got a point, the Hershey Bears won the game, securing a 2-1 victory on Sunday night at Webster Bank Arena.

Ryan Pulock’s one timer fed by Jesse Graham was not enough to secure the win for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers fell 2-0 in the shootout to the Hershey Bears. Christopher Gibson made some huge saves for third star honors with 28 stops in the loss.

The Sound Tigers went 4-for-5 on the penalty kill and 1-for-8 on the power play.

The game started off slow until 6:34 into the first when the action started. Scott Mayfield delivered a huge check that sent a Hershey Bear to the ground. As a result, he took a trip to the sin bin for elbowing. The Bears had a few good looks but the game stayed scoreless.

The penalties continued less than four minutes later when Mike Halmo was hit hard from behind that resulted in Liam O’Brien to the box for roughing which gave Bridgeport their first power play of the night. The penalty expired without any goals.

O’Brien was a frequent visitor to the penalty box with his third of the night when he boarded Kevin Czuczman that sent the Sound Tigers to their fourth power play of the night at 10:20.

17 seconds later Graham passed to Pulock who wound up a slap shot from the point for the first goal of the game. Joe Whitney also picked up a helper. Graham’s assist puts him at a five-game point streak.

Adam Pelech then got in trouble for interference at 15:24 into the second. 11 seconds later Bracken Kearns was tripped by Travis Boyd and crashed into Justin Peters. With a 3-on-1 opportunity on the power play Taylor Beck got a good chance but Peters was ready.

Things got scrappy when Scott Mayfield’s shot through traffic was almost put back by Beck who was in Peters’ crease. A few punches were thrown to result in a Hershey power play.  

13 seconds after the penalty kill began, Sean Collins deflected in Chris Bourque’s shot right in front of the crease for his third of the season to make the game a 1-1 tie.

No further action occurred in regulation so overtime was needed. 

During overtime, Chris Bourque nearly ended the game with a feed from Connor Carrick that beat Gibson but hit the crossbar.

The shootout did not fair as well for the Sound Tigers with a miss from Whitney and a save on Beck. For the Bears, Carrick scored five hole and Boyd somehow found an opening and the win for Hershey’s first shootout victory of the season.

The Sound Tigers take a trip to Providence to take on the Bruins on Friday. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.

Forward Lines:

Whitney – Kearns – Halmo

Wright – Root – Beck

Vaive – Holmstrom – Florek

Johnston – Jones – Collberg

Defensive Pairings

Pelech – Mayfield

Czuczman – Pulock

Graham – Carkner


Christopher Gibson

Stephon Williams

Chuck A Puck
Mobile Apps